Get the free Sanctum Secorum #21 Companion HERE!
“The six stories that make up the the first volume of the Dying Earth are all set in an undefined far future Earth, when the sun is nearing the end of its life. The sky ranges from pink to deep blue, lit by a dim red sun, and many strange plants and animals exist. Much of the story is set within the forested country of Ascolais*, and in the ruined cities that dot the landscape. Seekers of wisdom and beauty include lovely lost women, eccentric wizards and man-eating melancholy deodands. Twk-men ride dragonflies and trade information for salt. There are monsters and demons. It is a world where each being is morally ambiguous: the evil are charming, the good are dangerous.”
Welcome to the Sanctum Secorum podcast. Tonight’s episode takes you across the Dying Earth of Jack Vance, introduces you to the new Keeper of Mysteries, and announces the winners of our Tarzan content contest!
There is a great deal of new material to bring to the table based on this story. Below is a list, by category and author, of what has been added to the Dark Acquisitions page by the Keepers of Mysteries, based on this show. Further contributions from friends of the library will also be found there as they arrive.
Vancian Word List – Marc Bruner
Vinery – Forrest Aguirre
Bearboon (I) – Bob Brinkman (concept by Ethan Nicolle)
Bearboon (II) – Bob Brinkman (concept by Ethan Nicolle)
Devourer of Beauty – Bob Brinkman
Twk-Man – Bob Brinkman
The Curator – Bob Brinkman
Pandelume – Marc Bruner
Life Gong – Marc Bruner
Live Boots – Marc Bruner
Oasts – Marc Bruner
Lasso – Jonathan Nichol
The 998th Conclave of Wizards by Jobe Bitman
Against the Atomic Overlord by Edgar Johnson
Black Sun Death-Crawl by James MacGeorge
Choon the Unspeakable by Dan Glover (Forthcoming)
Doom of the Savage Kings by Harley Stroh
The Emerald Enchanter by Joseph Goodman
The God-Seed Awakens by Paul Wolfe
Hole in the Sky by Brendan LaSalle
The Museum at the End of Time by Jim Wampler
Null Singularity by Steven Bean
Prince Charming, Re-Animator by Daniel J. Bishop
Rock God Death-Fugue by Steven Bean
The Sea Queen Escapes by Michael Curtis
Silent Nightfall by Daniel J. Bishop
Sky Masters of the Purple Planet by Jim Wampler
The Tower out of Time by Michael Curtis
The Treasure Vaults of Zadabad by Carl Bussler and Eric Hoffman
The Way Station by David Przbyla
X-Crawl, Louisiana Rising by Brendan LaSalle
* Jonathan Nichol – the original Todd McGowan piece, courtesy of Todd himself…and a copy of Treasure Vaults of Zadabad, kindly provided by Carl Bussler & Eric Hoffman at Stormlord Publishing!
* Forrest Aguirre – a copy of Treasure Vaults of Zadabad …and a random Appendix N book from the stacks!
* Daniel J Bishop – A Set of the original Shanarra trilogy (Sword of Shanarra, Elfstones of Shanarra, Wishsong of Shanarra)
* Todd McGowan – Despite his protests…we’ll send him something nice as a thank-you. 🙂
DCC RPG Portuguese Language Edition (through Dec 4th)
Arachnoid (Album) by Arachnoid
Interstellar OST (Album) by Hans Zimmer
The Microphones (Album) by Mount Eerie
Now We Are Six (Album) by Steeleye Span
Pawn Hearts (Album) by Van der Graaf Generator
The Planets (Suite) by Gustav Holst
Symphonic Holocaust by Morte Macabre
YS (Album) by Il Balletto di Bronzo
Road Crew Appearances
* February 12th Jeff Goad is running the DCC Lankhmar adventure, “the Madhouse Meet” at the Brooklyn Strategist. The game starts at 4pm.
* Troy Tucker is continuing to run DCC RPG sessions at the Magician’s Forge in North Port, FL.
Secret Antiquities by Michael Curtis