It has been almost 3 years since the community of gamers lost a good friend in Jerry Stefek to aggressive lymphoma in December 2018. His family and friends miss the presence of this wonderful man. He was always generous and passionate of his loves and hobbies; Jerry was the best of us. We here at The Jerry Stefek Memorial Crawl for the Cure call the community to action to do Good and Mighty Deeds in Jerry’s memory and the memory of others we have loved and lost on our paths. On Saturday, December 11th, 2021 we ask you to join us from 8 AM to Midnight CST at our newly dubbed Ethermeet to raise money for cancer research and patient assistance.
The Crawl for the Cure is a “play-a-thon” style format on the Twitch channel DCC Mayhem where your donations can influence the games! All donations will go to the American Cancer Society and their good works!
We will be playing four 4-hour charity sessions starting at 8 AM CST and going through Midnight, showcasing some incredible Judges to encourage you to spend your gold for the cause:
|8:00 – 12:00 CST
14:00 – 18:00 GMT
|Brendan LaSalle||DCC – Gun Street Syndicate|
|12:00 – 16:00 CST
18:00 – 22:00 GMT
|Edwin Nagy||Frog God Games Holiday Module using DCC Rules|
|16:00 – 20:00 CST
22:00 – 02:00 GMT
|Mark Martin||Castles & Crusades|
|20:00 – 00:00 CST
02:00 – 08:00 GMT (Dec 12)
|Luau Lou Hoefer||Dandyline Games New MCC Release:
In Search of the Un-K’Nown
Your donations will not only help the American Cancer Society, but also influence our games during the event! Provide the details of what chaos or boon you would like to provide our players, and we’ll put it in the game – donor’s choice! This year the American Cancer Society is using Tiltify as their platform of choice for gamer supported events – we are currently performing our Artifact Check and we will get the donation information updated as soon as possible so you are fully informed! Please visit https://crawlforthecure.net for updates and we’ll post to social channels with all the details.
Our cups floweth over with sponsor donations this year; thank you to all of our extremely generous sponsors for their incredible support. We have a combination of digital and physical rewards from our stalwart champions this year and we’ll get the raffle schedule up on the site as soon as we can.
Looking longingly at the coveted gems to be allotted in the donor hourly raffles (MOSTLY):
- To the highest donor: Troll Lord Games has offered the bounty of a Stephen Chenault signed Castles & Crusades 8th Printing Players Handbook!
- Dandyline Games has bolstered the trove with 2 physical copies each of their adolescent misfit mayhem RPG, the Dare-Luck Club, and their new Mutant Crawl Classics release, In Search of the Un-K’Nown!
- Stiff Whiskers Press has offered paired sets of 5 PDFs of their massive 900+ page Weird Frontiers RPG Rulebook and a set of their WF themed funky dice to lucky donors!
- $25 Gift certificates from Frog God Games online store!
- Studio 9 Games has generously contributed a hoard of Villagers and Villains and the expansion, City Builder, to lucky donors!
- Awesome “Gaming Wizards” figures of Gary G and Dave A from MudPuppy Games!
- PDFs from Goodman Games, Troll Lord Games, Purple Sorcerer Games, Gamehole Publishing, 2 Old Guys Games, Thick Skull Adventures, Shield of Faith Studios, and MudPuppy Games!
- Every donation of $3 or above will receive not only the memorial token for The Jerry Stefek Memorial Crawl for the Cure: Ethermeet 2021 (TBD – the artificers are engaged!), but also the tokens from the 2020 and 2019 Crawls for the Cure (while supplies last), sent straight to your door! Invoke your Doug Kovacs and build your Luck token stash!
- ALL donations will receive a code for a free PDF for Perils of the Sunken city from Purple Sorcerer Games!
The support has been overwhelming, and we’re reeling in trying to keep up with it all! Please stay tuned to your favorite media and we will give you updates as they unfold! Thank you for your support! We hope to see you all on December 11, 2021! Check out our website for more details and the latest updates: https://crawlforthecure.net
Listen to our audio spot at the Ethermeet at the following link: Heroes will Rise.